Sr. Engineering Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely Juneau, AK
Sr. Engineering Manager - Opportunity for Working Remotely Juneau, AKVMware
- Manage a team and own the delivery of significant parts of the Workspace ONE UEM/Tunnel offering, especially related to security, networking and device management.
- Coach, cheerlead, review designs, generate ideas, or perform whatever other open-ended role needed to ensure the success of the group as part of its management team. Our group under Workspace ONE UEM/Tunnel works on solving all the secure access challenges including policy/configuration definition and delivery, managing device compliance and act accordingly.
- Collaborate across roles and organizational boundaries to deliver valuable outcomes to Workspace ONE UEM/Tunnel enterprise customers.
- Work closely with engineers to prioritize, unblock, and deliver key software features as a part of our agile processes.
- Background in security products and technologies such as IaaM, SSO, secure access, SWG, cloud proxy etc. is a strong plus
- Experience with L3 to L7 network services (NAT, Load Balancing, High Availability, Firewalling, SSL VPN).
- Experience evaluating and delivering SD-WAN, SASE, ZTNA and NAC technologies is a big plus
- Proficient in C++, Objective-C/Java/C#, Python.
- A strong understanding of IP networking and support of fundamental IP services and protocols (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, IPsec).
- Proficient in working on Linux and Windows systems.
- Prior SSL/IPsec VPN experience is a big plus.
- Good understanding of TCP and UDP mechanics including ability to interpret packet captures.
- Thorough understanding and Experience in development of client/server architecture, Web Application, Web Services, Windows Services, RESTful APIs
- You and your team will be responsible for delivering new features for Workspace ONE UEM/Tunnel around scalability and user experience. You should expect to hear customer feedback that your work has enabled them to do their work better!
- You will work closely with UEM and networking experts on your team along with cross-functional team members such as UX designers, Product Managers, and backend engineers.
- You will be expected to communicate complex concepts in technical and non-technical settings.
- You will also be responsible for the identification and resolution of technical debt.
- You will work with UEM/Tunnel community leaders in the team to contribute upstream and define business-aligned open-source strategy.
- You will be part of the leadership for a stellar team that has delivered a world-class platform/solution for securely accessing resources without comprising various device compliance postures.
- You will be responsive to customer and product asks and escalations and help prioritize engineering work, from whole initiatives to sprint tasks.
- You should be doing regular 1:1 with your direct reports, discussing short term and long term goals and setting them up for success!
- Being a people manager, you will also be responsible for compensation planning, performance bonus planning, retain talent by rewarding high performers on your team, and overall minimize attrition.
- You will be responsible for Day-to-Day engineering activities such as sprint planning, measuring the velocity of the team using story points.
- You will also be closely working with your Product Manager counterpart to track the overall release status. Also, you will work with the PM to conduct “Monthly feedback meetings” so that the voice of our customers is heard loud and clear while prioritizing new features.
- You should have great communication and presentation skills.
- You will also provide technical leadership and direction for our engineers.
This job may require the candidate to comply with travel restrictions and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Product Dev Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-01-27
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at https://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.