Staff Software Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely Juneau, AK
Staff Software Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely Juneau, AKVMware
VMware’s Horizon cloud services team seeks an experienced Backend developer to help us develop and evolve our SaaS-based product for managing Windows virtual machines at End-User Computing (EUC) business unit(BU) at VMware! The world is in the midst of a generational transformation. Enterprises across the globe are turning to software to change the way business is being done. Today, in this device and the application-driven world, companies are laser-focused on empowering teams by tailoring their businesses to their employees’ digital behaviors. This is where we step in. In VMware End-User Computing (EUC), we build solutions that customize, simplify, and automate the employees' digital experience at work to help them achieve more. Our solutions provide every employee with the agility of being connected to the business from any device, on any Cloud, at any time. While VMware is a big company, our billion+ business division feels like a start-up and is fast-paced, iterative, exciting, and fun. At the core of our business are our end-users; and everything we do is motivated around them and their experience. Our cloud-based Virtualization solutions are state-of-the-art and will push you to your creative limits. We are a dedicated team that is fanatic about our customers, scale, efficiency, design, and quality.
What is the team looking for?
This team is looking for a proven software engineer who has a SaaS mindset to develop and improve our brand-new Horizon cloud services product. The team is very passionate about the work, the product and we are looking for a similar passionate, creative, and self-motivated engineer who is a quick learner and can deliver on end-to-end responsibility. You should be flexible and willing to work in a constantly changing environment with the right attitude and deliver on our promise to our customers, partners, and ourselves.
Within the first 6-12 months, what are the 2-3 most important performance goals I would be expected to complete for you to consider me successful in this role?
You will design and develop application code in java based microservices in Horizon Cloud Services. You will need to produce software designs and execute them for new use cases for Virtual machines management. Along with the new feature development, you would also be expected to jump into customer issues and escalation and resolve them with quality deliverables.
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis? On a typical day, you will...
- Develop and maintain a new SaaS-based product that manages microservices developed in java, deployed using Docker, Kubernetes. These microservices may use Redis Cache, Mongo DB, Kafka, MQTT, and many more open services platforms and services from AWS and Azure technologies.
- Analyze and understand requirements, write and review detailed research and design documents
- Implement full-stack solutions for agile user stories using test-driven design with decent code coverage, deployed over CI/CD.
- Develop solutions to make architecture and microservices highly scalable, resilient, maintainable, and secure.
- You will also be working on making sure you produce automated feature testing scripts to enable smooth feature regression testing.
- Read and review code from other developers to reduce bugs, improve implementations, and expand your knowledge
- Investigate and reproduce complex bugs using logs from several infrastructure components
- Participate in the Agile Scrum process and attend stand-up, planning, grooming, review, and retrospective meetings
- 5+ years as a developer and a flair to build cloud solutions and/or microservices.
- Track record of architecting, designing reusable, high-performant, and scalable systems.
- Extensive experience in web technologies like J2EE, RESTful APIs, Spring, Kafka, MQTT, and many open-source frameworks as well as experience in databases such as MongoDB, MySQL.
- Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner, self-motivated and has the ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written communication skills, and a collaborative problem-solving style.
- Bachelors/master’s degree in computer science or equivalent
This job may require the candidate to comply with travel restrictions and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-12-06
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at https://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.